Topics at the 4th European Ecotourism Conference include (but are not limited to):
The chief objective of the conference is to create collaboration among ecotourism practitioners and academics in order to respond the following questions:
Rural development (focuses on the sustainable economic growth, employment and poverty reduction),
Ecotourism as a transformational tourism (how ecotourism transforms the host community and the tourists)
Local culture and heritage (tangible and intangible cultural heritage in rural areas especially the local food, events, customs, and activities as a part of daily life, etc.)
1. How ecotourism can change human behaviour and have a positive impact on the conservation of natural resources and development of ecological awareness?
2. How we can raise awareness on the contribution of sustainable tourism to development among public and private sector decision-makers and the public, while mobilizing all stakeholders to work together for making tourism a catalyst for positive change?
3. How the industry can create economic benefits for less-developed rural areas and contribute the regional sustainable development?
4. How can we develop ecotourism in rural areas through the inclusion of the local culture and traditional lifestyle of the host communities?
5. What will be the roadmap of Turkey for the devlopment of ecotourism in rural areas?